Airbridge supports integration with Braze. With the integration, target event attribution data are passed to Braze, allowing you to leverage the data to build personalized marketing campaigns.
Pre-setup for integration
Before enabling the server-to-server integration with Braze, you must complete the pre-setup described in the developer guide below.
You must add code snippets to the Airbridge SDK as indicated in the developer guide. If this pre-setup is not completed, Airbridge cannot be successfully connected to Braze even if you enable the integration in the Airbridge dashboard. We recommend deleting lines of code related to Braze SDK integration if you have enabled the SDK integration between Airbridge and Braze in the past.
Integration with Braze
Before you follow the steps listed below, the right code snippets must be added to the Airbridge SDK. If this pre-setup is not completed, Airbridge cannot be successfully connected to Braze even if you enable the integration in the Airbridge dashboard. Make sure to read the Developer Guide for Braze integration and complete the pre-setup first.
1. Log in to your Braze account.
2. Navigate to [Technology Partners] in the left sidebar and select Airbridge from the “All Technology Partners”.
3. Scroll down to find the Data Import Key and REST Endpoint URL in the “Data Import for Install Attribution”. If you haven’t generated a Data Import Key before, click the “Generate API Key” button to generate a new key.
4. Click the [Copy] icon to copy the Data Import Key and REST Endpoint URL.
5. Log in to your Airbridge account, navigate to [Integrations]>[Third-party Integrations], and select “Braze”.
6. Enter the Data Import Key and REST Endpoint URL you copied from Braze and click the “Submit” button. The Data Import Key consists of alphabet letters, numbers, and dashes (’-’), whereas the Endpoint URL consists of alphabet letters, numbers, dashes, and periods (’.’).
7. Select the attribution data you wish to send to Braze and click the “Save” button. If you wish to send the install attribution data only, select “Install Event”. If you wish to send the deep link open attribution data as well, select “Install & Deeplink Open Event”.
Changing integration credentials
If the Data Import Key and Endpoint URL of your Braze account have changed, you must update them in Airbridge as well. Click on the asterisks (*) in the Data Import Key field and Endpoint field and enter the new values, and click the “Done” button.
Delete integration credentials
By clicking the “Delete” button, you can suspend the integration. When the credentials are deleted, the attribution data from Airbridge is no longer sent to Braze from the point the credentials are deleted, but the data sent before deleting the credentials remain in Braze. If you wish to reconnect Airbridge with Braze, you must re-enter the credentials.
Decide whether to include deep link open attribution data to be transmitted to Braze
With the integration, install attribution data are sent to Braze by default. You can decide whether to send the deep link open attribution data to Braze or not and apply changes at any time. If you have made changes, click the “Save” button. The transmission of the deep link open attribution data is initiated or suspended from the time the changes are saved.
Airbridge and Braze can be integrated through SDK as well. Please note that there may be more delay in data transmission through SDK integration than through server-to-server integration. We recommend server-to-server integration for faster and more reliable data transmission.
To learn more about the detailed integration guidelines, contact your Airbridge Customer Success Manager.
Available Data Fields
Assuming you configure your integration as suggested, Braze will map install and deep link open attribution data to segment filters. Under the Install Attribution group, you will find four data fields as illustrated in the table below. When creating a new segment in Braze, you can use the four different segment filter options to leverage the attribution data transmitted from Airbridge.
|Airbridge Attribution Data||Braze Segment Filter||Description|
|Channel||Install Attribution Source||The channel the installs or deep link opens are attributed to|
|Campaign||Install Attribution Campaign||The campaign the installs or deep link opens are attributed to|
|Ad Group||Install Attribution Adgroup||The ad group the installs or deep link opens are attributed to|
|Ad Creative||Install Attribution Ad||The ad creative the installs or deep link opens are attributed to|
When creating a new segment in Braze, navigate to [Segments] from the left sidebar and search “Install Attribution” to find the four segment filter options.
Meta Business ad campaign data
To comply with Meta’s policy, Airbridge applies data-masking to Meta Business ad campaign data that is visible in the Airbridge dashboard under the channel name “facebook.business”. The masked data is sorted as “unattributed” data in Braze.
Therefore, you cannot select Meta Business ad campaign data from the Install Attribution Source filter option when creating segments in Braze.
Deep link open attribution data update
The attribution data for campaigns that led to deep link open events are updated in Braze at the device level. Therefore, when several users share one device, and only one user performed the deep link open event, the attribution data may be updated for all users.
Example) When User A and User C share one device
User event history:
- User A installs the app at 1 pm after engaging with Campaign B, signs up, and logs in to the app
- User C performs a deep link open event after engaging with Campaign D, signs up, and logs in to the app
Attribution data is updated as seen below.
|User A||User C|
|1 pm||Campaign B||-|
|2 pm||Campaign D||Campaign D|